nhproxy-discuss

[Nhproxy-discuss] Re: slashem proxy interface

From: m m
Subject: [Nhproxy-discuss] Re: slashem proxy interface
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:53:43 +0000

Hi Ali,

I've been making some progress. I got nhproxy 0.9.0, but had errors compiling it.
            nhext.c:459: error: incompatible types in assignment
            nhext.c:528: error: incompatible types in assignment

These lines refer to
            ap = *app;
and
           *app = ap;
in the 'nhproxy_rpc_error_handler' function (va_list *app; va_list ap;).

I changed these lines to use va_copy, which seems to have done the trick and it compiled fine after that.

Next I went through the test examples, and pieced together a test program, which I have attached, alongside the make file. Output is here

./launch-proxy-slashem.
Slashem LaunchedNhProxy RPC error: > NhExt standard "1.0" game "SlashEM" version "0.0.8E0F2" protocols "1,2"
NetHack Proxy: Failed to read reply to NhExt greeting
NetHack Proxy: Failed to initialize
Program initialization has failed.
Report error to "wizard".
Proxy: Failed to initialize window interface

As you can see from the comments in my code, there are some blanks. Any sugestions for the next step? The purpose is still just to successfully load, pass a few messages and exit gracefully.

Cheers,
Martin

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA