nmh-workers

Re: Bogusly RFC2047'd "inline" for Content-Disposition

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Bogusly RFC2047'd "inline" for Content-Disposition
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 09:45:20 -0400

Ken wrote:

> Ooof.  That's a MAJOR "do not do".  Also, it seems like we wouldn't be
> the only ones who break on that!  I'm wondering what broken code generates
> THAT.  It seems, however, we should simply follow RFC 2183 and treat it
> as an "unknown" disposition (which means "default as attachment").

Looks like it was Magento, using Zend Framework 2/Laminas:
https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/29258
https://github.com/laminas/laminas-mail/issues/2

It looks like the problem has been fixed.  We could teach mhfixmsg to
fix this, though I'm inclined not to do that unless this turns out to be
a more widespread problem.

David