nmh-workers

Re: inc and non-compliant long lines redux

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: inc and non-compliant long lines redux
Date: 21 Nov 2022 19:46:24 -0700

Thus said Ken Hornstein on Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:41:34 -0500:

> netsec_read() is  supposed to  RETURN the number  of bytes  read, just
> like read() does (that's why it's return value is prototyped ssize_t).

Aha,  that does  make more  sense. I  thought it  was odd  that it  just
returned OK,  but didn't  think to actually  check the  documentation in
netsec.h (except to add another  variable to the declaration); otherwise
I would have noticed.  Let me see if I can rework it  to just return the
number of bytes  rather than taking another parameter  (and the "buffer"
type change).

Thanks,

Andy