octal-dev

Re: Using OX_WRAPPER machines

From: Matt Stanton
Subject: Re: Using OX_WRAPPER machines
Date: Tue Mar 13 02:45:05 2001

address@hidden wrote:

> I should given you have all the info I know. I assumed you'd know it
> too. __builtin_new is the generic C++ new operator that is builtin to
> GNU C++. It's probably being used in the OX_WRAPPERS ox_create() to
> allocate the class object that is used.

Perhaps ox_wrappers should redefine "new" and "delete" to point to
pkg_alloc() (I think) and ox_free().

Also, it's not just ox_wrappers that's using new and delete - the Filter
class uses them for a few small arrays.

> Ben responded to the post of simplesynth by saying "Cool!" so he must
> have got it working. How did you do it, Ben? :-)

Hm....  I'm not Ben, but I've just been using

"gcc -shared simplesynth.cc -o simplesynth.so"

Matt Stanton
address@hidden