octal-dev

Re: Linking libraries in machines.

From: ben
Subject: Re: Linking libraries in machines.
Date: Sat Mar 17 13:06:01 2001

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 06:34:49PM +0100, mts wrote:
> I suspect that this is the exactly thing that should be included in
> GearLib...
>
> On the other side, is reasonably to include whole FFTW in Gearlib?
> There are licencing issues at the respect ?
> Should we include in Gearlib every posible code piece that a developer could
> need and convert-it to "the mother of all sound libraries" ?

I don't think including something like FFTW directly in Gearlib is a
good idea.  Then any improvements made to FFTW by its developers would
have to be incorporated manually into Gearlib (or not used).

Maybe Gearlib could somehow be a repository for info on library
dependencies.  Or there could be some other system for that - it could
be built into that web script for fetching machines or something.