Octave for Win 32 ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave for Win 32 ?
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:36:03 -0500

On 15-Aug-2001, Pablo De Napoli <address@hidden> wrote:

| (The version there hasn't been updated since October of 2000, although
| there are many bug reports in that page about the same problem ).

Octave is free software, supported mostly by its users.

I think that for Octave to work better on Windows systems will require
someone with the time and interest in that project stepping forward
and doing the work, or providing substantial funding so that someone
else who has the expertise or time will become interested.

I do appreciate the efforts of Tom and Julian, but they can't do it
all.

Although I don't have any particular interest in supporting Octave on
Windows systems (it is not something that I will use, nor do I really
have the expertise to do the work) I'm willing to cooperate with
anyone who would like to tackle this project in the sense that I will
do my best to help merge Windows-specific changes into the main Octave
source tree (it helps if those changes are isolated and reasonably
well conceived and implemented, of course).