Help needed for semidef-oct and g++ 3.3

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Help needed for semidef-oct and g++ 3.3
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:14:34 -0500

semidef-oct is a small package ported to Octave by A.S. Hodel based on the
semidef package by Lieven Vandenberghe and Stephen Boyd. I have maintained
this for Debian since 1998.  The Octave code is fairly g++-2.9*-centric.
A.S. Hodel has not upgraded it, and neither have I for the usual lame
excuses of a) having become too rustic with respect to newer C++ and
Octave's internals and b) not having that much time for Octave coding in
general. You know, real life, job, kids, other projects ....

Now, Debian has this sensible rule of requiring that things actually work,
and semidef-oct doesn't as it is not even compilable under g++-3.3.  So
unless it gets fixed, it will be nixed.

The changes will be trivial to anyone familiar with Octave's c++ structure
--- which is why I am asking for the small favour here.  Could someone
please port it?  Else it'll get thrown out of Debian.

You can find the original tarball in the directory
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/semidef-oct/
along with the current packages.  If you can get
      cd SRC; make -f ../debian/Makefile sp.oct
to work, I would be delighted to incorporate your patch with a big fat thank
you that will signal your coding provesse for times to come...

Seriously, help would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and analysis don't mix.