Re: Yet another thread on Octave on Windows.

From: Ole Jacob Hagen
Subject: Re: Yet another thread on Octave on Windows.
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:45:31 +0100

I guess the latest post was rather stupid. ;-)

I really want MinGW compiled Octave to work on Windows without using Cygwin.

Here comes better question (I hope).

1. What class/file is loading m and oct files, and which classes are using it? 2. What class/file does recursive search of directories to find m, and oct-files, and what classes are using it? 3. By using source("filename.m") I can load any m-file. What do I need to do, to avoid usage of source?
4. What classes are handling inputs in octave-console?

This might be ambitious to try solving these problems I am having with a native Win32 port of Octave.

Shouldn't Octave work in the manner in MSYS (lite cygwin environment) as in Cygwin? Or does MSYS and MinGW includes some other preprocessor directives, so loading of m-files and oct-files doesn't loads properly?

Another thing, is that error text doesn't appear correctly. My Octave on Win32 doesn't find bode-command, and when I try to say bode, octave returns a strange message back: "error: " + | + 'arrow up' + 'smiley'

Cheers,

Ole J.