Re: contour

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: contour
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 03:22:13 -0600

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:27:41 +0900, Victor Munoz
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Regarding this problem, I posted to some of the octave lists an
> implementation of contour which is similar to Matlab. It's a C++ program
> which takes contour data on a grid (text data file), and outputs (to a
> second file) a matrix with the same format as Matlab's contourc function.
> It's available at
>
> http://aristoteles.ciencias.uchile.cl/homepage/software/contourl.html,
>
> and it's based on PLPlot's contour code. Then Shai Ayal took it and made
> oct files based on it. For my personal use, I had to make a rather complex
> series of scripts to interfase to my C++ code from Octave's prompt (so that
> contour(x,y,Z,levels) works as expected), but probably the oct version is
> simpler to handle. The important thing is that in this way, 'contour'
> yields a 2D graph, as it just has to plot the individual lines in
> the contourl output.

The code is available from octplot's CVS and I think that also from
oplot's CVS. Both are hosted on sourceforge.

octplot's cvs is at:
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=86268

to get it working you need contourl.cc and contourc.m from the src
directory. There is no other dependency. contourc is matlab
compatible.

There is also contour.m for plotting the results assuming you have a
MATLAB compatible "line" command.

I once suggested to put it in octave-forge, but it never came through