Re: backslash escapes in character strings

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: backslash escapes in character strings
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:18:31 -0400

On Apr 14, 2005, at 3:40 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

That is the intent of the new "raw command" (see "mark_as_rawcommand",
"unmark_rawcommand", and "is_rawcommand") implemented for gnuplot
syntax, but I'm now thinking that it is just a temporary fix and not
something we want to use extensively.  Instead, for gnuplot, we should
probably be writing all gnuplot commands explicitly with some kind of
function that is equivalent to the current "graw" (or
"__gnuplot_raw__") function.

mark_as_rawcommand could be very useful e.g., a function '$'
which calls system on it's input, or 'tcl' which passes the inputs
on to an embedded interpreter after substituting octave values
according to some syntax.

- Paul