Re: Documentation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:46:15 -0400

On 15-Jul-2005, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| But it wouldn't be integrated with Octave, right? I wouldn't be able to
| do a "help -i my_function"? So if I create a new package the
| documentation that comes with the package wouldn't be integrated with
| Octave.

Currently this is probably true because Octave only looks in one file
when doing a help -i search.  But we can always fix Octave if it does
not do the correct thing.

| I used the .texi files in doc/interpreter. I then used a combination of
| info2html and latex2html. The "see also"'s doesn't work at the moment,
| but it shouldn't be to hard.

Please try using a current version of makeinfo to generate the HTML
and then write a .css file that gives the appearance you want.  I
think this has the potential for much better and more reliable results
than any other kind of conversion because makeinfo should be able to
correctly parse all the Texinfo markup.