Re: wav error

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: wav error
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:35:35 -0500 (EST)

Something just occurred to me. As far as I know, the c: drive is always put into /cygdrive/c/ in cygwin. Would it be feasible to always translate "<alpha>:\" at the beginning of a filename into "/cygdrive/<alpha>/"? This would be a bit of a hack, but it would help many windows users out.

Bill

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Stefan van der Walt wrote:

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:04:48PM -0500, Cesar Augusto Rodriguez wrote:
| I can't read .wav files using wavread.m. Octave starts into int then crashes
|
| the error is like that :
|
| [s1,fs]=wavread('H:/biovoz/delphi/ocho.wav')
| Input file 'H:/biovoz/delphi/ocho.wav' is RIFF format:
|        Total length = 48036 bytes
|        Number of channels = 1
|        Sampling rate = 12500 Hz
| error: *** 8000 bytes per second looks wrong. Expect 25000
| error: evaluating if command near line 48, column 1
| error: called from `wavread' in file `/usr/share/octave/2.1.36/m/audio/
wavread.m'

This has been fixed in the latest octave-forge version.

Regards
Stéfan