Octave mailing lists

From: John W. Eaton
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:36:38 -0500

Is there anyone out there who would like to take over the maintenance
of Octave's mailing lists?  With the current setup that blocks
postings from non-subscribers, this job primarily involves forwarding
mail sent to the lists by non-subscribers, and (optionally)
encouraging them to subscribe so that their messages will be posted
automatically.

I would also like to move the lists off of the current server at
UW-Madison.  One possibility is savannah.gnu.org, though if you have a
better solution, please speak up.  If we move them to savannah, the
lists would be

  address@hidden
  address@hidden
  address@hidden
  etc.

I think I will be able to have the current @octave.org addresses
forwarded to the new lists indefinitely.

If we move the lists to savannah, subscription requests can be handled
by a web page, which I think will help simplify things for new users.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks,