Re: Savannah Website Fixes

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Savannah Website Fixes
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 00:17:47 -0500

On  9-Feb-2006, Shai Ayal wrote:

| 1. The NEWS page seems outdated

I have not upated NEWS files in a long time.  I think it would be a
lot of work to try to fix that, but if someone would like to try to
generate a NEWS file from ChangeLogs and bug reports and other
sources, that would be great.  I have no plans to do it myself.

| 2. There is a missing link in the FUNDING pages, which makes it quite
| hard for someone to fund octave

What is hte missing link?  The links on the page

  http://www.octave.org/funding.html

all seem to be valid, so perhaps something wasn't copied over to the
gnu.org site correctly.

| 3. And while we are on the subject of funding, are there any plans to
| publish the list of funders?

I was not planning to do it because it requires permission from the UW
Foundation to make donor lists public.