Re: Website Updates

From: Tom Holroyd (NIH/NIMH) [E]
Subject: Re: Website Updates
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:27:16 -0500

Also, if anyone would like to help with maintaining the web pages, please let John and me know. I'm working to bring the pages up to date, but it would be nice in the future to have maintenance handled by several people so that there is not just one person who is the webmaster but a team.

It seems the Wiki is a good place for this sort of thing ... I haven't been
around lately so I don't know if that's been discussed much.  In particular I
just tried to make a change and editting was denied.  By IP it seems.  Wouldn't
it make more sense to just have a password, and post that here?  Then I could
change where it says:

   * For a logical-or, Octave can use `|' or `||'; Matlab requires `|'. (note: Octave's
'||' and '&&' return a scalar, '|' and '&' return matrices)

(found on http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MatlabOctaveCompatibility)

to this:

   * In Octave, the '|' operator does not shortcut, while '||' does; this is the same as
the behavior in C.  In Matlab, both the '|' and the '||' operators shortcut.  Thus an
expression like "f(a) | g(b)" will cause both f() and g() to run in Octave, but
in Matlab g() won't run if f(a) returns true.

That old description is just wrong.  Not sure about the note.

--
Dr. Tom Holroyd
The 9th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution: