Re: octave GUI proof of concept

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: octave GUI proof of concept
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:52:26 +0100

Ok,

On 2/11/06, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
All of the patches necessary to build a mingw release of octave are in
the CVS, its the dependencies that cause all of the problems. However,

I'm ready for MinGW when you guys are. I'm done for the week, check out my latest version. Now it has a semi-serious text editor. It does the syntax highlighting, auto-indentation, cut, copy, paste, indent-selection and so on and I've gone through it to clean it up so it doesn't close too easily without saving and so on. It also guesses the "Save as..." filename like Matlab. In fact, I could easily spin off this widget as a programmer's text editor as is. It would be nice if it were tabbed, but that's not really essential, right?

By the way, this probably wouldn't go in octave itself, it doesn't really need to be compiled along with it. Maybe octave-forge could be a good home for it, you guys decide.

Cheers,

Sebastien Loisel