Re: First version of MinGW octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: First version of MinGW octave
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:13:40 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 15-Feb-2006, Shai Ayal wrote:

| Can sockets and fork be implemented in mingw or do I have to write a
| nigw specific version to handle this using windows calls?

Umm, isn't that what Cygwin provides?  I don't see the point of
reinvinting the "missing" parts of Cygwin for MinGW.

jwe

There are sockets in Windows (cf winsock.h) so that isn't an issue. However, fork is but it can be approximated with CreateProcess, though the cost will be higher as I think more of the process table is copied...

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary