Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.9 & Windows Installer
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:39:18 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Sebastien Loisel wrote:

However, I am interested in any GUI bugs you find.

clc doesn't work.

If I click somewhere in the results portion of the window, the output for subsequent commands is placed where I put the cursor instead of the end of the window.

In the about window, I think (this could be verified elsewhere) that Octave is copyright 1994-2006. Also, I think that the general wording for such statements is more like
Octave Workshop, copyright 2006 Sebastien Loisel
GNU Octave, copyright 1994-2006 John W. Eaton

Feature requests (I know that some of these may not be v1.0 things to you):

I'd be interested in being able to turn on or off (via a preference somewhere) the display of the console and gnuplot windows).

I thought that you mentioned that there was a variable window, but I can't find it.

A view menu that would allow me to open or close various MDI sub-windows would be nice (along with the requisite X in the corners).

Have an option to squash duplicated commands in the command history to one command.

A pony.

Bill

--
From Dumblaws.com:  In Canada, you may not pay for a fifty-cent item