Re: octave on biowulf

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave on biowulf
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:11:36 -0500

On 21-Mar-2006, Tom Holroyd (NIH/NIMH) [E] wrote:

| while on my machine, with the most recent version (also called 2.9.4, sadly),

After 2.9.5, I plan to set the version number for the main branch in
CVS to be 2.9.5-cvs (or something similar).  This way, the version
number for the CVS archive will tell you that you are using something
different from the last snapshot, but it won't tell you how much
different it is.  I don't know how to completely solve this problem.
It is impractical to change the version number after every batch of
changes is committed to the CVS archive.