Re: XML tools for Octave: XML4MAT

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: XML tools for Octave: XML4MAT
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:53:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Andy Adler wrote:

I took a quick look at the code you posted from this tool.
In my opinion this code is completely and catastrophically
broken.

If it does all you listed, then I agree that it is a poorly made parser.

4) It gives different output of equivalent files:

 Example:

 And
   <xml>v<b>v
   </xml>

I thought that these files were considered different unless specified by the schema that whitespaces were insignificant.

The use of a regexp based XML parser is well known
to be a fundamentally wrong approach.

How difficult would it be to link to expat or xerces for this?

Bill

--
"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the
comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is