Cygwin octave compiled with gcc-3.4.4-2 - error messages during make che

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Cygwin octave compiled with gcc-3.4.4-2 - error messages during make check
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've built a test version of octave 2.1.73 on cygwin using the experimental
gcc-3.4.4-2 compiler, which is designed to solve a problem with g++ in 3.4.4-1.
 The build is successful, but several of the tests executed during "make check"
issue error messages like the following:

Running /home/dad/sources/octave/octave-2.1.73/test/octave.test/quad/quad.exp
    102 [main] octave 1252 fork: child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before
initialization, retry 0, exit code
 0x80, errno 11

Interestingly, none of these tests actually fail in the summary report.

This maybe a dll basing issue that could be resolved with the rebaseall tool,
but I'm not sure.  I'm also not sure whether the problem is a compiler issue, a
cygwin issue, or an octave issue.  I would classify it as a cygwin issue if it
can be fixed with rebaseall.

Any help with analysis of these questions would be appreciated.

Thanks

James R. Phillips