Installing Matrix.h with octave-2.9.7 (Mac OS X issue)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Installing Matrix.h with octave-2.9.7 (Mac OS X issue)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:04:15 -0400

On 22-Aug-2006, Joe Koski wrote:

| One last point on the building of octave-2.9.7 on my Mac G5 with OS X
| 10.4.7. In order to build octave-forge, I have been manually copying
| Matrix.h into /usr/local/include/octave-2.9.7/octave/. During the
| octave-2.9.7 "make install" there is a warning message that the installer
| can't find matrix.h, which was renamed to get around a problem with the OS X
| file system case insensitivity. During "make" octave-forge complains about
| missing Matrix.h. Copying Matrix.h into /usr/local/include... solves the
| problem. The octave "make install" should probably be updated to solve this
| Mac specific problem.

I've removed matrix.h from the distributed files and also from the
list of INCLUDES in src/Makefile.in.  Thanks for reminding me.

Since matrix.h only included mex.h, there is no significant loss of
functionality here, though some people may want to be able to compile
code written for Matlab that includes matrix.h.  I suppose they can
just change the matrix.h line to be mex.h instead.