Re: moving toward a 3.0 release

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: moving toward a 3.0 release
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:45:52 -0400

On 28-Sep-2006, David Bateman wrote:

| Note that 1276 for me is a different line than in the eigs I sent as I
| modified the code to use new/delete.. In any case this line is
|
|                     double *dr = new double [k + 3];
|
| for me. However I saw exactly the same issue with
|
|                     OCTAVE_LOCAL_BUFFER (double, dr, k + 3);
|
| Note that the dneupd.f file suggests that dr should be "k+1" in size.
| However if I make it that small the crash happens at about the 4th
| iteration rather than the 10000-th.

I see that the array arguments to dneupd are declared like this:

      integer    iparam(11), ipntr(14)
      logical    select(ncv)
      Double precision
     &           dr(nev+1)    , di(nev+1), resid(n)  ,
     &           v(ldv,ncv)   , z(ldz,*) , workd(3*n),
     &           workl(lworkl), workev(3*ncv)

so maybe enabling bounds checking for this code would provide some
pointers (with g77, it is -ffortran-bounds-check or -fbounds-check)?