Re: Problem with "yes_or_no" and newline character

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Problem with "yes_or_no" and newline character
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 23:10:42 +0200

On 4/4/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
BTW, why do you need to eval 'yes_or_no("Close ? ")'?

The problem popped up when I tried to implement callback from
java to octave, for instance for the CloseRequestFcn property
of a figure. The first example that came to my mind was:

set(gcf, 'CloseRequestFcn', 'if (yes_or_no("Really close ?")),
delete(gcf);, end');

The callback is then evaluated through "eval_string", but the "yes_or_no"
never terminated, because of th enewline problem.

Michael.