Re: 2.9.11?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: 2.9.11?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:10:36 -0500

Daniel J Sebald wrote:

The only other unusual results are the scripts/elfun/acscd.m and asecd.m tests with the division by zero problem that hangs.

On this one, I'm trying to follow the code but I've gotten lost at the point of:

#define XDEFUN_MAPPER_INTERNAL(name, ch_map, d_b_map, c_b_map, d_d_map, \
                               d_c_map, c_c_map, lo, hi, \
                               ch_map_flag, can_ret_cmplx_for_real, doc)

How are these general trigonometric routines defined? The standard C/C++ math functions are real input (i.e., float), whereas Octave is complex. So is it Octave implementing the complex version, or is it an additional library?

The only partially relevant comment I see is in PROJECTS:

  * Improve complex mapper functions.  See W. Kahan, ``Branch Cuts for
    Complex Elementary Functions, or Much Ado About Nothing's Sign
    Bit'' (in The State of the Art in Numerical Analysis, eds. Iserles
    and Powell, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1987) for explicit
    trigonometric formulae.

Dan