Re: [OctDev] Java/OpenGL-based graphics package for octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Java/OpenGL-based graphics package for octave
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:48:22 +0200

On 4/24/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 23-Apr-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| Oh, I see; that makes sense.  But no one has added 'case "stemseries"' to the
| __go_draw_axes__.m file yet?

It's not quite that easy.  If you look at the object that Matlab's
stem function returns, it only says hggroup for the type.  I don't see
anywhere that it says "stemseries" or how that is determined.  Maybe
it is a hidden property?  Maybe it is magic?

I don't think you have to view it that way. A hggroup object is just
the grouping
of other objects. When rendering a hggroup, you just have to recursively
render the children. The actual type of the hggroup is not relevant when
rendering, because the operation is passed to the children. The only things
that you need to render are the core objects; all others are just combination
of these core objects.

Michael.