Moving functions from octave to octave-forge?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Moving functions from octave to octave-forge?
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:42:12 +0200

Hi,
When I look at the Table of Contents of the manual, I see some chapters that seem very specialized to me. This makes me wonder if some parts of Octave should be moved to packages at octave-forge? To be more specific I'm thinking about:

* Financial Functions
* Control Theory
* The colour conversion function in Image Processing
* Quaternions

Of course I'm biased by my own usage of Octave, and I realize that it's hard to determine what should be in Octave.

Søren