Some with two different version of matlab installed?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Some with two different version of matlab installed?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:02:05 +0200

Could someone help me out with a small test, that needs access to two
difference versions of matlab? Unfortunately I only have v7.3 installed.

The issue is that when matlab saves a function handle that isn't a
builtin, it saves the absolute path and the matlabroot. It seems logical
to me that if this function handle is loaded on a version of matlab
installed elsewhere or a different version of matlab, then the load
function should strip the matlabroot from the absolute path and add the
root directory of the current version of matlab.

If this is the case then Octave needs to duplicate this behavior and
also for the loading of matlab files in Octave it needs to find the
related Octave version of the function that might not be in the same path.

So can some one with two versions of matlab available run

<launch Matlab version 1>
f = @sprandn
save -v6 test.mat f
functions(f)