Re: print.m: support of terminal epslatex?

From: Sebastian Schubert
Subject: Re: print.m: support of terminal epslatex?
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:50:06 +0100

and John W. Eaton writes:

> Should the option maybe be -depslatex instead?

Ok, I am going to implement the following devices/terminals on this
weekend:
-d
   epslatex
   pslatex
   pstex

   epslatexstandalone

The last one creates a .tex and a .eps file, and

latex file.tex

creates the plot without any need to include it any additional tex file
(customizable with a .cfg file).  This only works with gnuplot 4.2, so
is there any way to check the gnuplot version?

I want to make the epslatex terminal standard for a .tex output without
device.  It worked well for me so far, epstopdf works well and there is
also the epstopdf package.  Any facts I miss?

DJS writes:

>>    ## check if we have to use convert
>>    dev_list = {"aifm" "corel" "fig" "png" "pbm" "dxf" "mf" "hpgl", ...
>> -          "ps" "ps2" "psc" "psc2" "eps" "eps2" "epsc" "epsc2" "emf"};
>> +          "ps" "ps2" "psc" "psc2" "eps" "eps2" "epsc" "epsc2" \
>> +          "emf" "tex"};
>
> Why not ... like the line before it rather than \?

Emacs did this. :)  The next patch will have the other version,
although I, personally and as far as I can see, prefer the "\", but I do
not want to change too much...

JWE writes:

> How much work is required to make this function properly if the
> plotting backend is something other than gnuplot?  Though perhaps this
> question applies to other output formats that we currently support as
> well, so maybe it is not important to single out the epslatex
> terminal.

If the backend supported something like the epslatex terminal it should
be as easy or hard as the other terminals, if not it's probably much or
too much work.  I know only gnuplot which has this feature (which I
like a lot).

Sebastian