Re: MSVC patch: additional file information support + flexible sepchar d

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MSVC patch: additional file information support + flexible sepchar detection
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:50:54 +0200

On 6/6/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
I'd rather avoid checking _MSC_VER here (or anywhere, really).  Would
there be any harm in doing this

 #if (defined (OCTAVE_HAVE_WINDOWS_FILESYSTEM)
 std::string file_ops::dir_sep_chars ("/\\");
 #else
 std::string file_ops::dir_sep_chars (file_ops::dir_sep_str);
 #endif

instead?  I made this change when I checked it in.

I don't think it's a problem. MSVC, MinGW and cygwin should support both
type of slashes in pathnames.

+ #if ! defined (O_RDONLY) && defined (_O_RDONLY)
+ #define O_RDONLY _O_RDONLY
+ #define O_WRONLY _O_WRONLY
+ #define O_CREAT _O_CREAT
+ #endif
+
+ #ifndef O_BINARY
+ #ifdef _O_BINARY
+ #define O_BINARY _O_BINARY
+ #else
+ #define O_BINARY 0
+ #endif
+ #endif

Why is O_BINARY different here?

This is related to code I tried, but removed (O_BINARY is not used in the
file anyway). The reason was that O_BINARY seemed to be MSVC specific;
defining it to 0 on other systems wouldn't affect anything. You can safely
remove that part of the patch.

Michael.