Re: I could not understand the behaviors.

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: I could not understand the behaviors.
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:15:59 +0200

On 6/6/07, Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden> wrote:
I experienced two funny things I could not understand.

1.
Cannot clear .oct by clear command

"clear" does not remove the file from disk, it removes the file from
octave memory: if it's a m-file, the associated evaluation tree will be
discarded, if it's an oct-file, the oct-file will be unloaded. Of course, if
you call it again, it will be loaded again.

2.
MSVC-2.9.12-3
At university, I could build .oct file works well using
mkoctfile.m
However at home I could not build .oct file works well
using mkoktfile.m

(University :  A desktop computer with HT-p4 3.4 GHz. I do
not know in detail because it was built my students
Home dell inspiron I6000 celeron-M 1.3GHz)

octave:2> mkoctfile Hello.cc
Hello.cc
  Creating library Hello.lib and object Hello.exp
octave:3> hello
error: `hello' undefined near line 3 column 1

Is it possible that the case is important here? Does
"Hello" (instead of "hello") at octave prompt works?

Michael.