Re: Octave reputation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave reputation
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:53:13 -0400

On 13-Jun-2007, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

| If you really want to use Matlab and Simulink, just get a copy from
| the Pirate Bay, or IRC channels, or thereabouts.

Jordi, from your previous posts you seem to be a free software and GPL
advocate, which I think is great.  But I don't think it helps to
encourage people to disregard software licenses that don't happen to
suit them, especially if you want those same people to respect the
terms of the GPL or other free software licenses.  So please don't use
the Octave lists to promote proprietary software or to prompt others
to disregard licenses.