Fwd: psylab

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Fwd: psylab
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:18:55 -0500

Psylab is a set of Matlab scripts for psychoacoustics:

    http://www.hoertechnik-audiologie.de/web/file/Links/psylab.php

It recently came up in the debian-science mailing list. I'm not
personally interested in the field, just in getting the code running.
I've glanced at it, and most of it seems 2.9-compatible. The struct
concerns below seem to not be an issue. I think the only problem would
be sound output.

I have no idea what kind of coding sound output would require. There
doesn't seem to be anything of the sort yet in main Octave or in the
'forge packages. I don't even know how to code something like that
portably across architectures.

I'd just like to hear your ideas on the matter. Can we make Octave sing?

- Jordi G. H.