Re: ismember bugs

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: ismember bugs
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:13:01 +0200

Søren Hauberg skrev:
Sorry about replying to my own post, but I used part of my just-posted code to patch the current implementation of ismember. I still don't understand that implementation, but I can fix the bugs (patch attached). This assumes that the cellstr bug is fixed.
Once again I'm replying to my own post. I'm beginning to feel like a spammer...
Just wanted to make sure everybody agrees that I'm a spammer :-)

Anyway, attached is a patch that I think cleans ismember up a bit. It also adds support for a second output argument like matlab does. Assuming the cellstr bug gets fixed it should pass all tests. I still don't really understand the code, so I don't think this patch should be applied before somebody else has tested it as well. I did _not_ add support for the 'rows' argument that matlab has. I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader :-)
Since the 'cellstr' bug isn't trivial to fix, I just wanted to ask if we should work around it in 'ismember'? It wouldn't be hard to check if one of the inputs are empty while the other is not. So, I can submit an updated patch that works around the 'cellstr' bug if you want. That way at least 'ismember' should work correctly. Do you want me to do this?

Søren