Re: patches to script files on argument checking

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: patches to script files on argument checking
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:07:05 -0500

On  3-Nov-2007, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

| Patch is attached.
|
| The changelog entry will be,
|
| 2007-11-03  Muthiah Annamalai  <address@hidden>
|
|       * general/isa.m, geometry/inpolygon.m, quaternion/, signal/,
|         control/, and sparse/: Fix argument checking.

You need to list the files individually.

| Index: control/base/bode_bounds.m
| ===================================================================
| RCS file: /cvs/octave/scripts/control/base/bode_bounds.m,v
| retrieving revision 1.8
| diff -u -p -r1.8 bode_bounds.m
| --- control/base/bode_bounds.m        12 Oct 2007 21:27:17 -0000      1.8
| +++ control/base/bode_bounds.m        3 Nov 2007 21:47:03 -0000
| @@ -35,7 +35,9 @@
|  ## @end deftypefn
|
|  function [wmin, wmax] = bode_bounds (zer, pol, DIGITAL, tsam)
| -
| +
| +  if ( nargin != 4 ), print_usage(); endif
| +

If you want this patch to be considered, you will need to follow the
coding conventions of Octave, so the above should be written

  if (nargin != 4)
    print_usage ();
  endif

But I don't think I can apply this patch as it is anyway,
because it seems that every case is just

  if (nargin != X)

where X is the number of function parameters.  In many cases, Octave
function parameters have default values set, so they can accept fewer
arguments.  Have you verified that none of the functions you have
modified can accept fewer arguments than are listed in the parameter
list?