Re: problem with sum (...)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: problem with sum (...)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 17:08:54 -0500

On Nov 4, 2007, at 1:33 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

Ben Abbott skrev:
On Nov 4, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:
Ben Abbott skrev:
Søren,
The patch didn't work for me. However, I was able to apply in manually. What exactly should I have done to have it apply cleanly?
The patch is against the CVS version. Did you apply it to a recent CVS checkout?
I updated my cvs yesterday. One problem may be that I don't use the same directory structure as you, so I tried to apply the patch directly the ismember.m. For example,
patch ismember.m ismember.patch
Does this work for you?
I can apply the patch by running
  patch -p0 < ismember.patch
in the CVS root directory. I think that's the default way to apply patches, as John seems to prefer patches to be generated in the CVS root directory.

The result was the same as before ... which I should have posted earlier

bens-macbook:~/cvs/octave bpabbott$ patch -p0 < ../ismember.patch
patching file scripts/set/ismember.m
Hunk #1 FAILED at 17.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 172.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file scripts/set/ ismember.m.rej

Ben