Re: what else is needed before 3.0?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: what else is needed before 3.0?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:09:01 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> I would like to make the 3.0 release soon.  What things should be
> fixed before we do that?  Are there any other important features that
> should be added?
>
> jwe

I have a bug in the changes to the contour code I just changes for
unclosed contour lines. I'll sent a fix soon. As for features, I
consider that we're in feature freeze already, at least for major
features (ie we decided to push addprops to after 3.0).

Apart from that I'd suggest at least a delay of 10 days before moving
from 2.9.17 to a 3.0 release to allow for any additional bug reports, I
don't think everyone who might be testing Octave 2.9.17 even has it
installed yet (its so recent).

D.