Re: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not fou

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Re: Windows/MSVC: install_builtins, octave_interpreter_ready not found
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:11:39 +0100

> I propose the following patch (see below):
>
>        1. including builtins.h in builtins.cc via mkbuiltins
>
> Without this, the symbol install_builtins gets not exported into octinterp.dll
>
>        2. adding more OCTINTERP_API macros to toplev.h
>
> At the moment I need only do_octave_atexit(), but for more flexibility I'd
> like to have access all global variables and functions in toplev.h
>
> I have now succeeded in compiling parts of octave-2.9.13 (octave.exe,
> liboctave, octinterp, libcruft) under MSVC2005 after manually adding
> #define WINVER 0x500
>        #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x500
> to libcruft/misc/cquit.c

Why do you need this? Normally, only 0x0403 is needed and this is handled
by the configure script (to get access to InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount)

> With octave-2.9.17, I had to manually add to Makeconf,
> FLIBS  += -lf2c
> FFLAGS += -MD

I now compile octave using the fc-msvc wrapper that is available from
octave-forge. This automatically append the -MD flag. The -lf2c flag
should be autodetected by the configure script when checking the
required libraries required to link fortran code.

Michael.