some errors after starting octave-3.0.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: some errors after starting octave-3.0.0
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:08:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all

I compiled octave-3.0.0
with gcc 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r3)

and now, if I enter octave at the prompt, octave starts up
and I get some errors
see below

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.
octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful
report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

error: structure has no member `archprefix'
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 1955, column 11
error: called from `pkg:getarchdir' in file
`/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.0/m/pkg
/pkg.m'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 2035, column 12
error: evaluating for command near line 2029, column 3
error: called from `pkg:load_packages_and_dependencies' in file
`/usr/local/shar
e/octave/3.0.0/m/pkg/pkg.m'
error: called from `pkg:load_packages' in file
`/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.0/m/
pkg/pkg.m'
error: evaluating switch command near line 243, column 3
error: called from `pkg' in file `/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.0
/m/pkg/pkg.m'
error: near line 20 of file `/usr/local/share/octave/3.0.0
/m/startup/octaverc'
octave:1>

octave is working and so this is only for information.
maybe I will cry for help when I will install the first octave-
foroge package :-)

Michael