Re: Graphics properties implementation

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Graphics properties implementation
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:17:01 +0100

On 1/12/08, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Instead of
>
>  get (void)
>
> how about defining the function as
>
>  get (bool all = false)
>
> ?  If ALL is TRUE, it would return all properties, including those
> that are hidden.  Then, for the gnuplot backend, we could define an
> internal __get__ function that passes TRUE to the C++ get function.

The attached patch implements this and defines the __xxx__ properties
as hidden. It also removes the unused "a" modifier from property
declarations and fixes a small problem in mark_modified when called
for root_figure object.

Michael.

script/ChangeLog

2008-01-15  Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>

    * plot/__go_draw_axes__.m plot/__go_draw_figure__.m
    plot/drawnow: Use internal __get__ instead of regular get
    to access hidden properties.

src/ChangeLog

2008-01-15  Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>

    * genprops.awk: Add 'h' modifier for hidden properties. Replace
    "get(void)" method with "get(bool all = false)" to allow access
    to hidden properties.
    * graphics.h.in (base_properties::get, base_graphics_object::get,
    graphics_object::get, root_figure::get, figure::get, axes::get,
    line::get, text::get, patch::get, surface::get, image::get): Replace
    "get(void)" method with "get(bool all = false)" to allow access to
    hidden properties.
    (gh_manager::do_get_object): Do not look for invalid handles
    (figure::properties::__plot_stream__, figure::properties::__enhanced__,
    axes::properties::__colorbar__): Make properties hidden
    (axes::properties, line::properties, text::properties, patch::properties,
    surface::properties): Remove obsolete 'a' property modifier.
    * graphics.cc (base_properties::get): Replace "get(void)" method
    with "get(bool all)" to access hidden properties.
    (base_properties::mark_modified): Call mark_modified only on valid
    parent object.
    (__get__): New internal function returning all properties, including the
    hidden ones.