AW: Re: forwarded message from Lut Mentz

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: AW: Re: forwarded message from Lut Mentz
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 02:05:46 -0500

On 18-Jan-2008, address@hidden wrote:

| Ok, I'm using WinXP SP2 and actually I have changed my resolution
| to 1024x768 and get the same problem. So it is a resolution problem
| and not
| because the combination of win98/IE6 (again, I'm using winXP/IE6)
|
| This could be solved. On the net are different tutorials and
| guide's how to
| make resolution dependent layouts with css
| e.g. http://www.themaninblue.com/writing/perspective/2004/09/21/
|
| I'm still having no time (yes yes, still my second son :-(   )
|
| and by the way, I think this page should care about IE6 (7 ...)
| because on octave-forge
| is a windows version of octave. And some IT-heads (like in my
| office) use only IE :-(
| and this page should not make the same unreliable thing (like
| Microsoft) and exclude
| "non GNU browsers" from a well designed page.

I'd be happy to have it fixed, but I don't know (and don't really want
to learn) enough about css to fix it myself.

Also, as a general plea for help, if anyone out there who does know
something about HTML+css and who would like to help out with Octave in
some way, we could certainly use some extra hands to work on the web
pages.  We had some people doing that for a while, but they have not
been active lately.  When this sort of thing falls to me, it just
doesn't happen. I can barely remember to update the news and download
pages when there is a new snapshot or release.