Re: Idea/need for a new function

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Idea/need for a new function
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:35:22 -0500

On Jan 29, 2008, at 8:30 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

While working on quantile and prctile functions for Octave, I am in need to functionally operate on the dim-th dimension of a N-d array.

I could write a script specifically for that purpose, or write on to solve this general problem (which I have done) ... or make use of such a pre-existing functionality, if such a capability already exists.

Regarding a general script/function, I've attached one that is sufficient for my needs. It includes help and a test script.

Opinions? ... Advice?

Ben

<dimfunc.m>

Opps ... I didn't test it for functions whose outputs are longer than unity.

I've attached a version that works when the function referenced outputs a vector.

Ben