Re: QR updating changeset

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: QR updating changeset
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 01:38:25 -0500

On  5-Mar-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| Should this also be done when the integer argument doesn't have a
| meaning of an index or size? (e.g., a LAPACK info argument)

Yes, with --enable-64, we expect to use an option like gfortran's
-fdefault-integer-8 to make all INTEGER variables to be 8 bytes.

| John, I know it would be a boring work, but could you please consider
| summarizing coding style recommendations for Octave somewhere? (e.g.
| README.devel). For instance, start with a reference to GNU coding
| standards and then summarize whatever goes beyond those (I don't
| recall anything about comma exps there, so that's a good example).

Something like this has been on my list for a long time.  Other than
being busy and seeing it as a low priority task, I find that I'm
better at answering specific questions rather than writing a manual,
so maybe that's part of the reason it hasn't happened.

| Alternatively, I can start this job by gathering all the guidelines
| I've already learned from you, and leave it to you to add and correct
| as necessary afterwards.

If you start it I will try to help with editing.