Re: sparse iterative methods

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: sparse iterative methods
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:09:05 +0100

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> hi,
>
> what about implementing all the Krylov methods from
> http://www.netlib.org/linalg/html_templates/Templates.html?

This is a great book which I used during my thesis many years ago.
However, what is supplied in it is not code but pseudo code that help to
write real code. Also in my mind the main issue in implementing matlab
compatible iterative techniques is not the solvers themselves (there are
multiple versions of bicg out there under suitable licenses for example)
but rather the pre conditioners. The luinc and cholinc functions have
recently been superseded by the ilu function in matlab and implementing
ilu will be quite difficult.. I don't need iterative techniques in my
current work and so I lack the motivation to do much about this lack in
Octave..

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information