Re: proposed parser changes

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: proposed parser changes
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:23:14 -0400

On 20-Mar-2008, Wolfgang_M wrote:

| I'm afraid of a debugging situation, if the 'bug' is only a whitespace to
| much
| together with a bad named variable, i.e. a functionname,
| which is not in the matlab-path at my machine, but
| on the machines of my colleagues...

I don't understand what you mean.  Can you please give an example that
demonstrates the problem you are thinking of?

Note that I'm not proposing some new untested syntax/semantics.  This
way of parsing "commands" has been in use by Matlab for many years
now.  All I'm suggesting is that we finally be compatible with it.  I
suspect that this change will break very little Octave code.