Re: missing el_div and el_ldiv operators for integer types

From: Moritz Borgmann
Subject: Re: missing el_div and el_ldiv operators for integer types
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:39:16 +0100

| Opps, I accidentally did it in two changesets.. You need both the
| previous changeset and the attached one.

I applied these changesets as one.  That was fairly easy to do using
Mercurial Queues.  Just for the record, here's what I did:

  hg qimport patch7785    # put the 2nd patch on the top of the queue
  hg qimport patch7784    # put the 1st patch on the top of the queue
  hg qpush                # applies patch7784 from top of patch queue
  hg qfold patch7785      # merges patch7785 with the applied patch

  ## hand edit sources to fix ChangeLog files

  hg qrefresh             # refresh patch with edits
  hg qdelete -r qtip      # finish
  hg push                 # push changes to public archive

Interesting. Im wondering though how you apply patches to both the default and the release-3-0-x branch? Do you simply repeat above procedures for both branches?

I've felt the urge sometimes to apply changesets that were done on one named branch to another. Simply merging is not appropriate, since merging in hg speak means to merge the changeset in question together with all its ancestors. Technically, I think this problem is called cherrypicking.

How do you solve this? I'm not sure I'm doing things right as a fairly new hg user. I've got numerous named branches (off of release-3-0-x), essentially one for every patch and one for the production octave I use (which is usually release-3-0-x head plus a couple custom patches). Now say I want to apply certain patches to the default branch, how would I go about it?

-M