Changing octave to exploit multi-core hardware

From: Leonardo Ecco
Subject: Changing octave to exploit multi-core hardware
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:02:07 -0300

Hi,

have you guys considered modifying the gnu octave code in order to take advantage of multi-core hardware? I'm a graduate student in computer science, and i'm currently taking a course on multi-core systems - our final project is to select an open source software and change it to exploit parallelism. I'd like to know if there is someone already working on this issue. If not, i plan to start next week.

Regards,
   Leonardo.

PS: Is there any mentor organization related to GNU Octave at the "Google Summer of Code" ?!