Re: run-octave on the cygwin

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: run-octave on the cygwin
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:04:23 -0400

On  1-Apr-2008, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

| > run-octave should work in cygwin
| > if you comment the LD_PRELOAD definition.
| >
| > # LD_PRELOAD="$liboctinterp $liboctave $libcruft" \
| >
| > at least in this way I can run the full
| > test suite before packaging
|
| Thakns. It worked.
| I have been tested after install at ..../test by executeing fntests.m from
the octave prompt.
| >From now, I can do it by  'make check'
|
| However, in case of octave-3.0.0+, run-octave is used during  'make' for
making images by the octave
| script of sparseimages etc.
| Then make stops at run-octave is executed.
|
| Hi, John,  is it possible to comment out run-octave.in before './configure'.
|
| If it is possible to detect the run-octave shell comand working on cygwin, I
can consider the patch.

We've discussed this before.  I don't think we should check OS
identifiers.  It would be better to have a feature test in the
configure script (or perhaps the run-octave script itself) that
decides when it is needed.  I don't know how to write the test, but I
will consider (review, think about, and possibly accept) a patch if
someone else submits one.