Re: Breakpoints not working in hg.

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Breakpoints not working in hg.
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:29:16 -0400

On Apr 1, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Ryan Rusaw wrote:

Breakpoints don't seem to be working correctly in mercurial. With this
simple function:

function test_func()
      disp("Hello")
endfunction

octave:1> dbstop("test_func","2")
ans =  2
octave:2> dbstatus
Breakpoint in test_func at line(s) 2.
octave:3> test_func
Hello
octave:4>

No breakpoint is encountered.

Note: version 3.0.0 hits the breakpoint correctly, and brings up the
debug console prompt.

octave:1> dbstop("test_func","2")
ans =  2
octave:2> dbstatus
Breakpoint in test_func at line(s) 2.
octave:3> test_func
test_func: line 2, column 2
disp
keyboard: stopped in
/media/KINGSTON/runtime-net.sf.octclipse.rcp.product/octave_test/ test_func.m
at line 2
debug>

Ryan

I am not quite sure why it isn't working, but I verified it on my machine. However, it seems that it works for other functions. Try running:

octave:1> s = dbstop('isequal',1)
s =  27
octave:2> zz = dbstatus
zz =
{
  name = isequal
file = /sw/opt/octave/hg20080331/share/octave/3.0.0+/m/general/ isequal.m
  line =  27
}

octave:3> a=1;b=2; isequal(a,b)
isequal: line 27, column 7
nargin
keyboard: stopped in /sw/opt/octave/hg20080331/share/octave/3.0.0+/m/ general/isequal.m at line 27
debug>

So, I'm not quite sure why it can't seem to hit the breakpoint in test_func, despite it showing up as being set.
octave:1> s = dbstop('test_func',2)
s =  2
octave:2> zz = dbstatus
zz =
{
  name = test_func
  file = /Users/jpswensen/src/test_func.m
  line =  2
}

Since only the functions are stored in bp_table, then the list of breakpoints is retrieved from octave every time. So I think that if the dbstatus returns a value for a breakpoint it should be there.

John Swensen