Re: [Chageset]: Add the spaugment function

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: [Chageset]: Add the spaugment function
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:29:19 +0200

>  | maximum absolute error 1.655e-07 exceeds tolerance 1e-10
>
>  This looks like a case where we just need to change the tolerance.
>
>  jwe

another such case is tol = 10*eps in testqr from test/test_linalg.m.
The attached changeset makes it 100*eps. Strangely enough, the test
passed when I was linking against the single-threaded version of ACML,
but failed when with the multi-threaded version. Apparently the ST is
computing the result, but the MT is just guessing it :)

Anyway, such tests should probably be scaled by the norm of the
factorized matrix,
at least those used agaist random matrices of various sizes.

cheers,

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert